Child dies of snake bite | Daily News

Child dies of snake bite

A three-and-a-half -year-old boy died after being stung by a viper in Monaragala on Sunday (19).

W.M.A. Yenuka Wanasinghe of Mahagangoda, Kolonwinna, was admitted to the Monaragala District Hospital following the incident and was pronounced dead at the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.

The boy had been stung by the viper when he went to the adjoining house to play with the children there. The child was stung on his leg.

The postmortem and the inquest were to be held on Monday. Monaragala Police are conducting investigations.

Add new comment